Enabling Local Display on the Eagle Eye VMS
This article details how to display cameras/layouts on a local monitor or to a browser over a local network.
Local Display via Monitor
1. Please connect the monitor to either the HDMI or display port on the Eagle Eye Bridge/CMVR.
Eagle Eye does not support cables over 15 feet or any third-party HDMI extenders/converters.
2. On the Eagle Eye Cloud VMS Dashboard, press the cog button next to the Eagle Eye Bridge/CMVR with the attached monitor
to open Bridge Settings.
3. Navigate to the "Local Display" tab.
2. Check the box next to Local Display via Monitor.
3. Drag a layout from Layouts Available to the Layouts on Display.
4. Press the Save Changes button.
The layout should now appear on the monitor.
Local Display via Browser
Local Display via Browser streams a layout to a computer on the same network as the Eagle Eye Bridge/CMVR.
Local Display via Browser requires flash support
to view a video in full-resolution mode. If the browser does not support flash, please use Media Shortcut
. When enabled, Media Shortcut allows video to be streamed directly over a network. Instead of just accessing a layout, Media Shortcut operates when a user logs in to the Eagle Eye VMS Dashboard on a computer on the same network as the Eagle Eye Bridge/CMVR. Preview and live video will stream directly over the network from the Eagle Eye Bridge/CMVR. Please see our knowledge base article Media Shortcut
for more information on enabling this feature.
1. On the Eagle Eye Cloud VMS Dashboard, navigate to the Bridge Settings
2. Check the box next to Local Display via Browser.
3. Drag the layout you wish to display from Layouts Available to the Layouts on Display.
4. Type the IP of the bridge into the browser of a computer on the same network.
5. A login prompt will appear. Enter the username and password of an admin user on the account to start the display.
The login credentials must be an end-user on the account. Resellers credentials will not work.
The selected layout will now be displayed in the browser's window.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
EU: 31 (0) 20 26 10 460
ASIA PACIFIC: 81-3-686-5527