Adjusting Network Settings on an Eagle Eye Bridge
Adjusting Network Settings on Eagle Eye Networks Bridge
By default, all of our devices are configured fully DHCP (for WAN and CamLAN). In order to reconfigure these settings you will need a keyboard and monitor.
If you see cameras displayed on the monitor, or a black screen, the bridge may be in Local Display mode. To get to the Configuration Utility type Q on the keyboard.
No monitor or keyboard? Follow the steps listed here
on how to connect using a Windows machine with PuTTY.
Follow the steps listed here
to utilize the Mobile Bridge Configurator through the Eagle Eye Viewer app by physically connecting a device running the application using a USB cable.
Using the default settings on the WAN will require a network with a DHCP server. If the network is not DHCP, or you choose not to utilize it, you will need to adjust the WAN settings.
- Log into bridge as admin user (Usename: admin ; Password: <last 5 of serial number>)
- Select Configure Wired Network and press Enter on your keyboard
- Select WAN and press Enter on your keyboard
- DHCP is default and denoted with a *. To disable DHCP, press the spacebar
- Enter the following information based on network configuration using the arrow keys to navigate. (Static IP; Netmask; Default gateway IP; Primary DNS server; Secondary DNS server)
- Press tab to select OK and press enter
- Press tab to select Save and press enter (this may take a few minutes to save)
- You can then verify network access by selecting Network Diagnostic Info
Most of the time, changing the CamLAN is not recommended because it complicates the implementation process and the CamLAN acts as a DHCP server to the cameras. The CamLan IP settings should only be changed if you are installing an Eagle Eye Bridge on an existing camera environment and the cameras are already set to a static VLAN or; You are implementing Cloud Video Replication.
Changing these settings is just as simple as changing the WAN settings.
- Log into bridge as admin user
- Select Configure Network and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Select Camera Lan and press Enter on your keyboard
- Press the spacebar on your keyboard to disable the DHCP feature and then enter the required information. (Static IP; Netmask)
- Press tab to select OK and press enter.
- Press tab to select Save and press enter.
For support please email: email@example.com
or give us a call at: 512-473-0501
Eagle Eye Knowledge Base
EU: 31 (0) 20 26 10 460
ASIA PACIFIC: 81-3-686-5527
#1 In Cloud Media Video Surveillance Worldwide
Copyright Eagle Eye Networks. All rights reserved.
Mobile Bridge Configurator Guide & FAQ
Mobile Bridge Configurator Guide & FAQ The Eagle Eye Mobile Bridge Configurator aims to facilitate the configuration of a bridge without the need for a keyboard or monitor. Using this application you can configure bridges, run network diagnostics, ...
Bridge Configurator Menu Guide
Bridge Configurator Menu Guide The Bridge Configurator Menu is available on CMVRs This guide describes what options exist in the Bridge Configurator Menu in order to connect to a bridge. For detailed instructions for troubleshooting offline bridges, ...
Eagle Eye Networks Offline Bridge Troubleshooting Guide
Eagle Eye Networks Offline Bridge Troubleshooting Guide A guide to troubleshoot an offline Eagle Eye Bridge/CMVR. Eagle Eye Networks is number one worldwide in delivering true cloud video surveillance and artificial intelligence to make businesses ...
Bridge Health Status
Bridge Health Status The red icons on the Dashboard and Settings pages indicate that your bridges or CMVRs have detected issues that warrant attention. These issues are detailed below, along with recommended actions to take. If you need more ...
Bridge Swap Guide
Bridge Swap Guide The bridge swap process allows you to replace your offline bridge with a new unit without losing your camera recordings. When swapping a CMVR, please contact Support to ensure data is retained, if possible. The process consists of ...