Offline Bridge Troubleshooting Guide
Behind a firewall? Before continuing please check here
and ensure it's configured for our device.
You will need to contact Eagle Eye Networks support for your bridge or CMVR username and password.
This article is meant for technician or installers.
Connect to the Bridge/CMVR
It is possible that you may run into an issue where a bridge/CMVR is reporting as Internet Offline but you expect it to be reporting as online. Connect directly to the bridge using:
- A usb keyboard and a monitor with an hdmi cable
- A usb cable and your mobile phone
- A laptop connected to the same network as the bridge and PuTTy (or some other SSH client) installed on the laptop
Connecting via PuTTY
This option requires Windows
- Ensure your laptop's network interface is set to DHCP
- Connect your laptop directly into the CamLAN port of the bridge/CMVR
- Run Putty
- Enter 10.143.0.1 into the Host Name bar
- Enter 22 into the Port Name bar
Some Eagle Eye Bridges/CMVRs will require port 33022.
You may receive a PuTTY Security Alert, select No
- Enter the login information provided by Eagle Eye Networks support.
- Select Network Diagnostic Info
Once connected to the bridge you will be able to run some diagnostic tests to help diagnose the issue at hand.
1) Login using the username/password provided by Eagle Eye Networks support.
2) Navigate to Network Diagnostic Info and run the test.
3) Depending on the results follow the below steps.
No Link Detected on Bridge
- Check the bridge's network connection. If the bridges Wan is a static address the issue is likely caused by incorrect network settings. If this is the case capture wan settings, pictures of other device settings and physical network connections.
- Check to make sure the port that the bridge is connected to is enabled. You can test this by plugging in your computer and loading google.
- Check to make sure the cable is good.
- Check the model of switch the bridge is plugged into. If the switch is a managed switch (Cisco, Juniper, etc)
IP address but unable to connect to the cloud
The issue is likely the necessary outbound ports are not open. Make sure that the network admin has the network requirements checked off. After verifying all of the necessary ports are open, then contact support with the network settings.
All tests passed
Escalate to Eagle Eye Network Support
- Bridge ESN
- Account Name/Reseller
- Capture: Image of network diagnostics
- Tech and reseller contact details
Performing a Bridge Swap
Bridge Swap A Bridge Swap will replace an offline bridge with a new online bridge. The attached cameras will transfer to the new bridge on the dashboard. Please ensure the new bridge is set up on-site exactly like the original bridge. IMPORTANT!! ...
Camera Troubleshooting Guide
Camera Troubleshooting Guide 1.1 Camera Troubleshooting The Eagle Eye Bridge/CMVR can give several different offline statuses for your cameras. Please check your Eagle Eye Mobile App or VMS Dashboard to check which status is being displayed and ...
Bridge Configurator Menu Guide
The Bridge Configurator Menu is available on CMVRs This guide describes what options exist in the Bridge Configurator Menu in order to connect to a bridge. For detailed instructions for troubleshooting offline bridges, please follow the steps ...
Sony Camera Configuration and Troubleshooting
This guide illustrates how to configure and troubleshoot Sony camera integration with the Eagle Eye Security Camera System. Configuration for Sony cameras Adjusting the Streams Image 1: Main Stream Please ensure that Image 1 matches the following ...
Mobile Bridge Configurator Guide
1.1 What You Will Need An Android or iPhone device that is capable of running mobile apps USB Type A (normal PC connector) to USB Type C connector (for Android) OR Apple Lightning connector (for iPhone) 1.2 Getting Started In order to use the Eagle ...